Sunday, December 25, 2022

The European Sculptures Gallery at the Met Museum

On Christmas Eve, we came down to the city and had our brunch at Cafe D' Alsace on 2nd Avenue between 88th and 89th Streets.  I was able to sketch the restaurant scene while waiting but mind you, the food came out and was served to us fairly quickly.


After our brunch, we walked toward the Met Museum on this very frigid day.  The windchill made it even worse!  Once inside the museum, we were cozy and warm like all those other customers who crowded this great place.  I told Anne I needed to sketch the Nativity scene but soon found it was too crowded.  The European Sculpture gallery was a much better option.



2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how crowded the Met Nativity scene was. The sculpture gallery was a wise choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it was a better choice. Plus, I found an empty chair at the far corner where I sat happy to sketch the scene.

      Delete