Saturday, December 17, 2022

The Nostalgia Holiday Train Ride

The 2022 Nostalgia Holiday Train ride in NYC runs for a limited time schedule.  I got the ride experience last Sunday on the 125th-Broadway Station to Chambers Street run.  It was like a regular train ride and it was bumpy, clunky, and crowded with riders who were there to enjoy the experience.  I was on the Red Line, Car 9586, toward the rear part where I got to lean on the conductor's cabin while sketching the scene.  It was crowded but I was able to get some commuter names like Sarah and Julio next to me.  There were costumed commuters at the 125th Station that I got to sketch in a hurry.






2 comments:

  1. How fun that there were costumed riders from that era. Were they part of the actual train ride or did they dress up on their own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was was fun to see them. I think they, among others, dressed in period costume for their own fun thing to do. BTW, tomorrow, Sunday 12/18 is the last of this year's special Holiday Train ride.

      Delete