Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sketch the Grand Central Terminal: Part 1

The venue for the weekend NYC Urban Sketchers outing was at the Grand Central Terminal.  It's a great subject to sketch and I don't mind it even if I commute here daily for work.  A lot of sketchers showed up for this event and took positions all over.  One formerly active sketcher (Meredith) stopped by to say hi.  She said she recognized me right away because of the pre-marked page I was working on.  She was actually just passing by GCT on her way to an appointment downtown.  Great to see friends whom I've not seen for a while.  Here I used one of the pre-marked pages and worked on making a scene out of it.










2 comments:

  1. Mel, I think this is one of your most successful pre-marked sketches. It looks like it was a deliberate mark made just for this scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. I think that's the beauty of creating art in random black lines. You'll never know what you're going to get. This time it really worked just the way I like it.

      Delete