Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Whitney Museum Visit

I signed up for the free entrance to the Whitney Museum on 2nd Sunday of the month.  We were there last weekend and it was interesting to see the exhibit, Harold Cohen: AARON, on the 8th Floor.  This was about his drawing machine, AARON, the earliest Artificial Intelligence program for art making. 

We took the balcony stairs exit going down to the 7th floor where the views of the meat packing district structures are just amazing.  Soon, I settled on sketching this sculpture and capturing the process on video with my new toy, Insta360 GO3.  At the last minute, a photographer walked by and started taking pictures of the sculpture.  I had to include him on my sketch!  BTW, I took the Kaweco Sport Brass FP for a sketch practice but found it less versatile than my favorite Zebra F701 ballpoint pen. 





2 comments:

  1. You really captured the stance of the photographer so well! Nice sketch of the statue too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! I was observing him closely. Lucky he stayed long enough to be sketched.

      Delete