Saturday, February 3, 2024

The Dining Section at Lower Concourse

 When you descend the ramp toward the Lower Concourse of the Grand Central Terminal, a small dining area is to your left.  I saw a chance to sketch the dining scene a few days ago starting with the man with the headphones on.  The sketch was done quickly and later improved upon.  Two evenings later, I saw another opportunity to add to the first sketch.  A couple had secured the next table and I was ready to sketch them.  I had to approximate their positioning relative to the first sketch I made.  I think it turned out ok.  My plan is to keep coming back to the same spot and adding more people to this scene.






2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of combining sketches from different days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, Thanks! The idea came from previous sketch-waiting experiences at the train station. I think it's got its own charm.

      Delete