Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Inktober 02: Tranquil

There is much to be desired in a tranquil place like this.  Perfect for Inktober day#2 prompt: Tranquil.  There was a sign that says "Private Property - No Trespassing" so I just worked on my sketch by the roadside.  Eventually, a couple of local water company staff came ashore on a small raft, back from doing water tests on the reservoir.  The guy came over to look at what I was sketching before he lit up his cigarette.  We had a nice but brief conversation.  Latif, a microbiologist by training, recounted some stories of what he does there.  I relayed that my first job out of college was as a laboratory assistant to the microbiologist.  Pretty soon, his smoke break was over and we said our goodbyes.




2 comments:

  1. Mel, you're making friends while you're sketching lately. This is really nice! I like how you are coloring with the ballpoint pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joan. It seem easier to make a friend while sketching and I'd probably run out of that green ink soon!

    ReplyDelete