Thursday, October 18, 2018

Inktober 17: Swollen

Model Susan was wondering where all others have gone since there were only three of us that showed up in the Silvermine Open Studio drawing class.  The four 2 & 3  minute poses I did them with a Bic pen.  Then I switched to the 4B and 9B graphite pencil for the 5 & 10 minute poses.  Still not satisfied, I switched to charcoal pencil for the first 20 minute pose.  All this time, I was feeling unsure what feels right to use until I selected another pencil - the Red Chalk.  The last two 20 minute poses were done in Koh-I-Noor Hardmuth GIOCONDA Red Chalk.






Charcoal pencil on left.  Red Chalk on the right.  I like the Red Chalk results better.  


2 comments:

  1. Great life sketches, Mel. You are really capturing the solid look of the bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Looking at the body mass and making that line on the paper are usually not in agreement in my case. There's so much to learn! Thanks for looking.

      Delete