Thursday, October 25, 2018

Inktober 22, 23, 25: Expensive, Muddy, Prickly

It was quite a busy afternoon yesterday from 2:30-6:00pm doing the catch up Inktober sketches.  Nice opportunity to try the 4 color mini Bic ballpoint pen I bought the other day.

First prompt - muddy.  Found a parked payloader with dried up mud splattered all over it at a local park and luckily, there wasn't any construction activity.  Great subject!  There you see the muddy wheel tracks on the ground.



Second prompt - expensive.  I went over to the Ferrari dealership and zeroed my eyes on this red Ferrari F12 Berlinetta among several parked at the adjacent lot.  Just as I was getting the hang of sketching the car's shape, out came two guys who started moving the cars back into their building storage.  One of them said ok to sketch but no pictures allowed.  And just like that the F12 was gone.


Third prompt - prickly.  Went to Port Chester WholeFoods store and "borrowed" one of those prickly cacti from their flowers section.  I settled on one of those empty tables for diners and made my sketch before returning the cacti back on the shelf where I "borrowed" it.




2 comments:

  1. These are all good, but that wheel is really awesome. I love the tread design!! Glad you were able to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Glad you like the tread design. That was a surprise how it turned out. I've one more backorder prompt to do - chop.

      Delete