Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Met Museum visit

What better activity than a visit to the MET Museum on a cold, dreary Sunday!  Except that it was a busy holiday weekend and everyone had the same exact idea to go to the Met Museum.  Luckily, we didn’t have to stand in line outside for too long.  

At the Greek and Roman Art room, I sat on a bench by the “Bronze Statue of Artemis and a Deer” sculpture.  I was planning to sketch the room view but it wasn't ideal.  Artemis was facing the other way. Once this back view sketch was done, I made sure to sketch the front view of the sculpture.  Soon, I was getting impatient because I couldn't get Artemis' face right.







With another hour to spare, we ventured to the Japanese Gallery #232 at the 2nd floor of The Sakler Wing.  It was there that this small window overlooking the Temple of Dendur gave me an inspiration to sketch the scene.  Similar in concept as the one I did of the Main Gallery not too long ago. 




2 comments:

  1. Love the videos! Nice sketch from above and I like that you did the front and back of the statue. Great place on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! Great place indeed! Wasn’t planning on front/back combo but was pleased with the results. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete