Sunday, May 20, 2018

Met Museum Visit

When the weekend weather isn't going to be nice, a visit to the Met Museum is always a good choice.  Except that it’s the same idea everyone has! It helps to get there early as 10 a.m. as soon as the museum opens. 

At the “Heavenly Bodies” exhibit of the papal vestments, I was in awe of the delicate and sophisticated embroidery crafted by dedicated seamstresses.  The embroidered figures had floating so much depth and dimension.  No pictures were allowed but I have my sketchbook.   

Apparently, for a large exhibit like this, no sketching is allowed and "Pencils only please!" snapped the security guard as I readied my drawing implement inside the Medieval Hall.  

I walked away from that hall and made some sketches from other vantage points in the museum.

Mantle of Pius VII (reigned 1800-1823)

The Byzantium Wing

The Great Hall


Auguste Rodin,
"Eve"

Auguste Rodin,
"Adam"






3 comments:

  1. Super sketches especially the one if the Great Hall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I seem to remember you also did a sketch from the same vantage point, right? See you next time.

      Delete
  2. Love the byzantium wing sketch. I hope you flesh it out further!!

    ReplyDelete