Friday, May 18, 2018

Chicago Landmarks

Last year's 8th Annual USK symposium in Chicago was so busy, I never got time to see much of the city.  One year later and I found myself in the downtown loop area with hours to spare before my flight back to Westchester Regional Airport.

The first sketch I made was at the corner of N. Dearborn St. and W. Washington St. with a view of the Goodman Theater.



Later, I walked towards the Chicago Theater that should be sketched this time.  The fire hydrant at the corner of W. Randolph St. and N. State St. was good for the time I needed to sketch this scene.  Several homeless people and panhandlers seem to be at every street corner.  This one wasn't any different.




That sushi express on S. Michigan Avenue was calling me for lunch.  Like last year, I seem to crave for their udon noodle soup so I went right back and order one for good times' sake.  

Three more hours to spare before I head to the airport so I had a Starbucks coffee in front of the Art Institute of Chicago.  Remember that bugler who seem to toot the horn so loud and off key trying to hit the high notes of the Star Wars theme?  Yes, there he was right across the street from Starbucks!  At least, I had the Starbucks coffee patio to myself, sketching the scene and enjoying the precious little time left in this wonderful city of Chicago. 



2 comments:

  1. Joan, I tried to and managed to do a few during that time. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete