Saturday, May 26, 2018

Car Engine Oil Service

The 7:45AM slot was the earliest car service appointment I could get last Thursday.  Got there five minutes late.  Not a big deal.  When asked if I would drop off the car, I said I wouldn't mind waiting.  "It could be a while.", Nelson said, to which I replied, "It's Okay."  I came prepared with my sketchbook.  He mentioned the complimentary coffee and donuts to enjoy while waiting for the job to finish.  

In the waiting room, I chose the spot where I could see and sketch the service counter.  Soon, Nelson called out my name signaling that the engine oil change was done but I wasn't fully done yet with my sketch.  After settling the bill, I went back to my previous spot and continued working the lines for the cars outside.  Color added later at home.



2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you went back to finish even though you already paid the bill....what a sketcher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! It just doesn't feel right what I got at that moment so I had to finish it. Besides, I have to show Nelson this sketch next time. Thanks for looking.

      Delete