Friday, September 28, 2018

321 W. Putnam Avenue

I really like the architecture of this building at 321 W. Putnam Avenue in Greenwich, CT.  It used to be the site of the old Ruwe Pencil Factory from 1944 until it was purchased by Dixon in 1988.  Six years later, the one company I used to work for rented this building and manufacturing/distribution operations remained here until 2007.

A small sloping driveway separate this building from next door in what used to be the Delco Auto Parts store.  Both of these buildings are now part of the prestigious Miller Motorcars dealership.  Not sure what luxury brand is showcased at 321 W. Putnam Avenue but next door, it's Pagani. 

I must have spent an hour sketching this Tudor style building from across the street.  Good memories kept coming back as I was doing the sketch.  A young couple walked by and asked if they could see what I was doing.  They work at the dealership.  Told them I used to work in that building.  Once I got home, I put the colors and details.  Way too much details!  Oh well, another exercise in knowing when to stop.  







No comments:

Post a Comment