Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Cocktails at the Campbell Bar

Anne, Joe and Hans invited me to join them for a cocktail drink at the Campbell Bar inside the Grand Central Terminal last Sunday.  Never been to that bar before.  It turned out there was a Jazz Performance by a duo called Acute Inflections.  I sketched the gestures as they performed but missed the chance to show it to them before we left the bar.

On our way out, a young lady who worked there politely asked if I sketched the performers.  Once I showed it to her, she was surprised, asked if ok to take a picture of it.  It was fun to have that kind of a reaction for something so simple as a sketch of what I saw.





2 comments:

  1. You did a great sketch of the duo. I love how the feeling changes with the addition of a little watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Hints of color does make a difference, doesn't it? Gracias por su visita!

      Delete