Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dogwood Fruit

There's plenty of cherry fruit coming from this one dogwood tree.  I decided to sketch the fruit and snipped a low hanging twig with one nice sized cherry.   See picture how I staged it in my room for sketching with a multi-colored ballpen.  Notice the border with little dash marks for getting the correct proportions of what I was looking at.  Colors used were mainly green and some light blue for leaves, orange for cherry stem, brown and some black for the twig, and red for the cherry fruit.  Here's the result.





2 comments:

  1. Great creativity to have the stem look like it is naturally hanging. This came out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a spur of the moment creativity. Thanks to the strong little magnets on the desklamp and the forceps, it worked like a charm. I think I'll use this trick again next time :-) Thanks for looking.

      Delete