Sunday, September 16, 2018

USk Outing Yesterday

I joined yesterday's NYC Urban Sketchers group at the Central Park Model Boat Pond.  Lucky to find a parking meter-free spot on 71st Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues. Didn't have to walk far.  Actually, I rode my Brompton bike from there to Central Park.  Found several sketcher friends near the Hans Christian Andersen statue where I also took notice of the people listening to the story teller.  I wanted to observe and capture their gestures in my sketch.  After lunch, I loosely tried a sketch of the Boat Pond.  It was a good day to be outside.


2 comments:

  1. Both of your sketches came out nice! You lucked out with a parking spot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. I had to go several blocks away from the 5th Avenue location to find meter-free off street parking. It was a fun outing, never the less.

      Delete