Tuesday, September 4, 2018

MET sketches

I spent the whole day yesterday at the MET Museum in New York City yesterday working with a technical pencil I like (MUJI 0.2mm).  It was a national holiday after all.  From 10:30 am till noon, I tried to figure out how to sketch this very elaborate sarcophagus.  I came back to work on it for another hour and 45 minutes.  Then it was time to move on and do some other sculptures. First was Lucretia, then Marsyas, then A Hypocrite and Slanderer.  Lastly, I had to draw an armor and a horse.




2 comments:

  1. A day at the Met sounds good. I was at the Met Breuer on Sunday. Nice pencil sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joan. Easy to get lost in time inside any of these museums. Glad to use the pencil again (to avoid unwanted check from the museum guards).

    ReplyDelete