Saturday, March 16, 2024

A Vacation in Scotland: Part II

The flight to Edinburgh went on smoothly and made it to the city by tram.  Got off at St. Andrew Square and walked my way toward the Aparthotel Adagio on High Street.  The one beautiful street I saw on video clips many times before (Jeffrey Street) came into view.  I was very much in awe to see it in real life!  After the hotel check-in, I rested a bit before heading out to the 6:00 PM Thursday evening sketch meet-up at The Scotsman Hotel with the Edinburgh Urban Sketchers.  It was a short 8 minute walk to the location from the hotel.

Edinburgh arrival.  Right outside the airport terminal.


The beautiful High Street scene.  I like the character of this old city.

Fun group to sketch with!

After the sketch meet, I walked back toward the hotel and passed by a local bar, The Canons' Gait, near the hotel.  There was a band playing so I decided to walk in and have a Haggis dinner.  I like the folk band song selections and I kept busy sketching them while waiting for my order.  Finally, after scarfing the delicious meal, I continued sketching and showed The Chilli Dogs band my sketch of them.  I was able to take down some names and the keyboardist, Sally, took a picture of my sketch!

The Chilli Dogs group playing folk music at the Canons' Gait Bar.

Okay, I tried the Haggis meal which I like.












1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great city! I loved popping into local bars when we were in Ireland. It is so fun to capture the atmosphere there. I'm glad you got to meet up with the local Urban Sketching group too.

    ReplyDelete