Wednesday, March 27, 2024

A Vacation in Scotland: Part V: Day 4

It rained heavier that Sunday morning but it eventually let up to a light drizzle.  To get to the other museums, I saw a different path leading to it through the train terminal. I saw a nice spot inside the Waverly Terminal where I did a sketch of the platform before heading to the National Galleries of Scotland.  

The other street leading to the Waverly Station from the hotel.

Inside the Station for some challenging perspective sketch.

My other planned activities that day were to join the Edinburgh Urban Sketchers meet at the National Museum of Scotland from noon until 2:30 PM, eat a pulled pork sandwich at OINK Hog Roast shop on Victoria Street and then visit the St. Giles Church before it closed for the day.  Checked off everyone of them and even got to see a free concert at St. Giles Cathedral.  Got inside the church in time before they closed and saw a music rehearsal going on.  It turned out that there would be a free Classical Baroque Music concert at 6:00PM.  They told everyone to exit the church and wait outside until they reopen at 5:30 PM.  And when they did, I made sure I got a front row seat.

A quick sketch in one of the galleries.

The main performance.  It was a fun exercise in sketching live musicians.

The OINK sandwich shop. The place was tiny and packed with patrons when I got there.

The whimsical clock tower that I sketched which came out to be so complex and difficult to make sense of especially when there wasn't much time to finish it.

My interpretation of the scene.



Amazingly beautiful museum in the heart of Edinburgh.

 

2 comments:

  1. You really packed a lot into your days in Edinburg...sketching, restaurants, concerts...and documented it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! Thanks Joan. It was tiring in a different way but felt good nevertheless. I really enjoyed the experience.

      Delete