Thursday, March 28, 2024

A Vacation in Scotland: Part VI: Day 5

On my last day in Scotland, I took a day trip by Rabbie's Tour called "The Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Tour".  To get to the Loch Ness, we traveled about three hours one way including a couple of stops along the way.  We first stopped at Callander, Scotland for a quick breakfast of coffee and pastry before the bus made the ascent to the Glencoe Scottish Highlands.
At Callander, Scotland for a quick breakfast stop.

The landscape views and the mountains are breathtakingly beautiful!  I made some quick sketch impressions of what I saw but it will never be the same as what visually stunning natural treasures these are.
The majestic Highland Mountains.
Spectacular views of the mountains.
Fresh air and rejuvenating sights!

Then we got to Loch Ness where I took the one hour boat tour on the lake, hoping to see "Nessie", but just the same, "Nessie" was a no show!  
A boat trip to see "Nessie".  

The closest "sighting" of Nessie.

At a little waterfalls area that's so peaceful and nice.

The trip was long but seeing the country side was a refreshing break from the familiar modern city sights we are all accustomed to seeing.  It was a long day and I thought I'd get myself a nice dinner before leaving this magical city of Edinburgh the following morning.

I enjoyed that last dinner in Scotland at a Whiski Bar and this interesting view.










1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to see some of the countryside too. It's a shame that Nessie was a no-show.

    ReplyDelete