Friday, March 29, 2024

Enroute to JFK from EDI

Thankfully, my flight out to LHR from EDI wasn't until noon and the tram ride to the airport was just a little half an hour.  There were a few other spots in Edinburgh I hadn't seen like Calton Hill and the Holyrood Palace so I did it in a hurry before my departure for the airport.  A decent walk from where I was staying but the weather was nice and it wasn't that cold and the sun even came out briefly.  
At the Holyrood Palace
The magnificent view of the city from atop the Calton Hill.


Of course, I had to sketch the tram ride and the airplane view at the airport.


In the short few days of stay in Edinburgh, I walk away richer in experience and feeling grateful and happy to see such a beautiful city filled with rich and interesting history.  Glad I was able to visit and do a "sketching holiday" in Edinburgh, Scotland.



















2 comments:

  1. I know it must have been difficult to not be able to sketch everything you saw while you were there. Nice photos from the morning before your flight and great capture of the tram ride and airplane view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true, Joan, but just as happy that there are memories to be made and appreciated. Thanks for following along.

      Delete