Thursday, March 29, 2018

Portable Sketch Easel: A Test Run

There was only one thing left to do with this sketch easel.  Got to put it to the test!  Off to the city I went today even though the misty raw weather was in the forecast.  Surely, it wasn't the case once inside the MET Museum. 

I sat on a bench and set up my tripod.  I thought I'd attach the easel in the flat, open, upright position.  This to use it as a "desk" to make pencil mark on the sheet of watercolor paper.  I carefully measured the reference line and transferred that onto the paper.  Easy.  Having the paper on a fixed plane position without me holding it was very helpful.  I'm happy with the dry run results but I want to make further tests.  Plein Air sketching!   

P.S.  A new and different kind of hinge was ordered but UPS delivery got rescheduled for tomorrow.  Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it will work well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it. We’ll see how long before the new novelty effect wears off. Thanks for looking.

      Delete