Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Weekday Sketching at Chelsea Market

It wasn’t a problem finding the weekday USK group once inside the Chelsea Market considering I was already an hour late.  It also meant I’ve only one hour left to sketch before the show-and-tell at lunch time. Of course, the Platinum Carbon Ink Pen with Brown Ink was my pen of choice for this scene.  That counter table along the wall provided the perfect spot for my open sketchbook and I don't didn't mind the standing while doing the sketch.

After we went separate ways, I stayed behind and watched this cellist (Sean Grissom) performed to the crowd.  Short renditions of familiar tunes delighted everyone that kept the tips flowing.  A lot of passers-by took phone pics while I sketched using the Sailor Fude Manen Pen this time. Once I got home, I applied some water wash to my sketch though I know the ink wasn’t waterproof.  However careful I was, the ink line has its own quirks when wet.  Tell me, which is the better of the two versions?


Original version.

With the water wash version.

2 comments:

  1. I personally always like the shading that the water wash provides. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan, for your feedback. BTW, the Japan Week event this year at GCT isn’t as nice as last years’.

      Delete