Saturday, March 24, 2018

Reportage drawing

CT - Stamford - March for Our Lives Event, March 24 12:00 PM.
Mill River Park
1055 Washington Blvd.
Stamford, CT 06901

I wanted to be there today.  Excited to see many people line up at the Park entrance.  'Text "March" to 64433 and be counted!', this lady repeatedly shouted.  Too bad, I didn't write down what her printed shirt message was because I couldn't remember it now.  Inside the park, speakers took turns one after another.  Young and old alike.  The message echoing loudly in the distant background on this bright and sunny spring day.  Nary a white cloud in the azure blue sky.  It's windy.  I feel the chill in the air.  I feel the sadness.  I feel the energy.  I feel the change.  It is blowing in the wind.










2 comments:

  1. It was amazing and energizing to see the people at these events today. You captured it well. I like your inclusion of their words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was, Joan. Instantly, Shawne Cooper's workshop came to mind thus the words. I had to listen very carefully what they were chanting so I get it right. Those two girls eventually got tired of it.

      Delete