Friday, March 30, 2018

Flashback Sketch Series: 2017-08-09

2017-08-09

The 10:53AM train was delayed.  Two stations later, a young family of three (Mom, Dad, Daughter) boarded the train with a baby carriage.
  
That afternoon, I decided to visit the MET Museum.  At the corner of Lexington and 59th Street, around 2:24PM, I sketched the scene before me with the intention of using the leaning lines.

Several blocks later, I found myself sketching the water tank tower above 19 East 66th Street.  Then my eye caught the black chimney tubes on the rooftop of 17 East 66th Street.


There wasn't enough time left to sketch when I finally got into the MET Museum.  I know I did some people sketches from the balcony looking down at the main entrance.  

At half-hour prior to closing, I somehow ended up sketching this face from one of those Greek artifacts exhibit.  It was a happy day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment