Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Abbott's Lobster in the Rough

Last week's Fourth of July holiday took us for a day drive north near Mystic, CT and its neighboring town of Noank where the famous 
Abbott's lobster restaurant is located.  Here I thought we came early but people were already lined up deep to order their favorite dish.  I ordered the Hot Lobster Roll while she ordered a Salad Lobster Roll.  Hot & Cold.  Hmmm...

I took the opportunity to sketch the view of the deck and the marina beyond.  A sailing ship was leaving the harbor.  Once our sandwich rolls arrived, I had to quickly sketch mine before feasting on it.  Yum!

Lettering and color added later at home.  A video clip at the end of this entry. 


The famous Hot Lobster Roll came with some pickles on the side and a bag of chips. 
You have to draw it first before you can eat it!



Deck view and marina.






2 comments:

  1. It is hard to draw your food before eating it. Like you, I usually do a quick sketch, chow down, and add color later. The lobster roll looks delicious, but I would opt for the cold lobster. There is just something about the combination of cold lobster, a touch of mayo, and a grilled buttered roll...a bit of heaven. lol The harbor view sketch is really nice!!! You added just enough detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Joan! I bet you’d like it there. Very rustic town and late 1800’s style houses. Next to Abbott’s is Costello’s Clam Restaurant. Hilarious, I thought! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete