Sunday, July 8, 2018

Car Repair

Great weather today to do something outside!   My car mechanic scheduled a weekend (Saturday) work on my car.  There's a rattling noise coming from rear driver's side and I thought of replacing the rear shock absorbers.  He said the noise problem was coming from the rear stabilizer link and should be replaced. 

As he worked on my car, I tried to sketch him.  Later, I realized the missed opportunity of sketching him in several different action poses because I was focused on making this one image I have initially created in mind.

Lesson:  Be aware. Be open-minded. Be ready to make a quick change-of-plan.

Pentel Slicci Pen 0.25
Light Watercolor wash


My final sketch.


The initial sketch capture formed in mind.

Adding color wash.




2 comments:

  1. You did a good job capturing him. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. He was in this same position several times. It was like a good 1-2 minute pose warm up drawing exercise. LOL

      Delete