Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Carnival

Ah, the summer carnival!  I went to check out this week's carnival at St. Catherine of Siena, Riverside, CT.  

Found a parking spot a few blocks away.  A big turnout!  Lots of people, kids of different ages, moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas, teenagers and young adults.  All of them were there to have a great time.

Of course, sausage, onions and peppers was it for my nourishment!  Found a "quiet" spot by the popcorn vendor truck facing the ticket booth.  Perfect!  That booth would be my sketch view including the ferris wheel behind it.

Later, on my way out, I did a sketch of this group singing the likes of Fleetwood Mac music. 

Color wash added later at home.  Why couldn't I stop adding colors?


After adding the dusk colors.

Before messing it up with the dusk colors.

Initial sketch of the Ticket Booth.


Final sketch of the scene.








2 comments:

  1. I love sketching at carnivals...and it always attracts comments. lol You did well. I've been packing all morning. Time for a bit of rest by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt funny sketching there at first but I made it through. Probably no one noticed me anyway but I do know the lady in the popcorn truck saw what I sketched, she gave me a thumbs up. LOL, but I've been doing the packing this morning, too. Glad you get to rest by the pool. Rest will be sorely needed once we get to Porto. See you there!

      Delete