Monday, July 30, 2018

Through my Window

Delighted to see this watercolor painting I did thirty eight years ago (1980) entitled "Through My Window" hanging in my parent's apartment in Madrid.  How lucky that it survived! I suppose I was an early Urban Sketcher since this was painted on location from the  3rd floor room I shared with two other friends - brothers Ben and Augusto at the Leon Guinto Street address in Manila.  Aside from the green tin roof, I remember the papaya tree seen centered here.  Who knew it was a papaya tree, right? 

Watercolor tubes and brushes were purchased in the now defunct Good Earth Emporium in Manila. Paper was a poster board.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you still have this piece. There are so many that tend to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. I love that mother kept this piece. And it traveled halfway round the world to where it is now.

      Delete