Monday, July 9, 2018

The Stamford Asphalt Plant

The area along Canal Street in Stamford must have been designated as an industrial section at one time.  I spotted this Stamford Asphalt Plant the other day and decided it would be my sketch exercise today (Saturday) from my mobile studio.  

Fairway supermarket is across the street where I found the perfect spot in their parking area.  To make the sketch view even better, I moved over and occupied the passenger side seat.  I started at 4:04PM and ended at 6:24PM.  It was easy to get lost in time while sketching.


The final sketch with a partial look of my head on the side view mirror.


Preliminary Sketch.


Light Watercolor wash added.

2 comments:

  1. Great that you added the side view mirror too. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. It made the scene complete. Also gave me the idea of doing a series - a window view from the passenger seat. I hope to make that a reality.

      Delete