Thursday, July 5, 2018

Old Lighthouse Museum

The quaint little town of Stonington Borough, CT is just a little over 100 miles north of where I live.  My brother, Russell, has been there before and strongly suggested I do the same because he knew I would enjoy this place.  On this Fourth of July, Anne and I took a day drive and it didn't disappoint.  There's an old lighthouse museum that I was able to sketch.  First done in pencil, before adding a watercolor wash and some ink lines later.  A short video clip accompanying this entry.



The finished sketch with watercolor wash.


The pencil sketch.

The preliminary color wash.


2 comments:

  1. I like the way you handled the brick. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. Always a tricky thing. To paint what you think you see and get what you want is almost always at odds with each other.

      Delete