Sunday, April 1, 2018

USK Outing Yesterday

The Hamilton Grange National Memorial was the venue for yesterday's NYC USK weekend outing.  I arrived second only to Iris who was already sketching inside the waiting area room.  The rest of the group came not soon after and each one took up positions on what was deemed the choice spot.

I setup my Plein Air folding easel onto the tripod and started working on my sketch of the house.  Except for that gap angle issue when folded, the easel is working well for me, so far.  Curious others came by to check it out, too.  

For my second sketch, it was the back side of St. Luke's Episcopal Church.  I lowered the tripod while I was comfortably seated in my camping chair.   That worked really well, I thought.




After the show and tell at the Grange Bar and Eatery, I walked toward the bus stop along Amsterdam Avenue.  Then something caught my eye at the corner of W 138th Street.  I had to sketch it.




2 comments:

  1. Great sketches, Mel. I'm glad to see that your tripod is working so well for you. I like this last one with the building done softly in the background and the light and the fencing as a focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan - That turned out to be a happy accident. I couldn't figure out the watercolor mix so I just added the lines. Glad you like it and thank you for looking.

      Delete