Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Donald M. Kendall Sculpture Gardens

Weekends only, from 10:00AM - 4:00PM, the Sculpture Gardens at PepsiCo World Headquarters in Purchase, Harrison, NY is open to the public.  I had the opportunity to visit last Sunday.

Equipped with a map of the landscape, I looked at a few of the 45 interesting sculptures.  Near the Lily Pond, there's a nice view of the "Triad" by Arnaldo Pomodoro, the "Grizzly Bear" by David Wynne and "Hats Off" by Alexander Calder in the distance.  That caught my attention for a direct to watercolor sketch.  Too bad, I only had an hour to spare at this beautiful and serene place.  Until next time!


"Triad", "Grizzly Bear", "Hats Off"
Framed in foliage


My interpretation.

Another variation of the same view.

The unfinished watercolor sketch.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine worked for Pepsico for a long time and always told me about their sculpture garden...never got there. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is wonderful there. I think it's a fantastic place to visit in the fall season. Great for photographs and sketches alike :-). Thanks for visiting, Joan!

      Delete