Wednesday, June 6, 2018

The Flat Iron Building

I was two hours early in the city last Friday for a dinner with a dear friend.  The restaurant choice was nearby the Madison Square Park area.  Naturally, I used the down time to pick a perfect spot to sketch this famous landmark building.  Sat on one of the many protective granite rocks lining the perimeter perfectly situated to do my sketch of the Flat Iron Building.  See a short video clip at the end of this post.   

Also, while on the same subject, I'm including a couple of sketches from last year's USK outing hosted by Elaine and Ben.  

Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA Falcon nib
De Atramentis Document Black


Sketched on June 1st, 2018


Here's a short video clip.


Last year's sketches of the same building.

Sketched on July 1st, 2017







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. It often bogs me down but I'm a stickler for details. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete