Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Keeler Tavern

The Keeler Tavern museum located at 132 Main Street in Ridgefield, CT is almost right next to another museum - The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum.  I was in town last Tuesday and decided to peek into this historic residence once owned by architect Cass Gilbert but learned that the museum visit/tour is only available on Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays.  

That wasn't a show stopper since I just want to sketch anyway.  Found this nice park perfectly situated diagonally across the house, and at a slightly elevated location from the street level.  A good spot to sketch.

To see how I measure by sight, I did a video time lapse of the process.

UPDATE:  Color added to the sketch.

The unfinished sketch.  Need to add more color.







    

2 comments:

  1. Nice that you were able to find a good spot to sketch from. Great job on the architecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. I'll add this sketch on my unfinished work needing more color.

      Delete