Monday, June 4, 2018

The Lincoln Center

With about an hour to sketch with fellow USK'ers, I joined the co-hosts Louis and Cathy along with Mia and Denise in the shaded area by the reflecting pool.  The Henry Moore sculpture was the main focus.  

Using the ink pen (Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Falcon FA) plus the tiny watercolor palette and waterbrush, I lightly marked the shape and  shadows before applying a touch of color.  I thought of the dense oak(?) tree leaves filling the entire top part of my sketch. That canopy like cover of tree leaves partially blocking the view from where we were seated.  Alas! there wasn't enough time left and I could only mark down a few.  It is what it is.




Since the location of this sketch is the Lincoln Center, might as well include this one although it was done last year.  I was looking out beyond her, out the tall glass windows, and that building in the distance.  And I do remember her beautiful red shoes!  

Might have been drawn with the Pentel Hybrid Technica Pen 04.


2 comments:

  1. Great that you were there early enough to get a sketch done. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you there. Train signal delay problems set me back an hour and a half to get to the city. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete