Monday, April 2, 2018

Portable Sketch Easel V2 (PSEV2)

The other hinge of metal type construction arrived late Friday afternoon.  You may have read my previous post about the James Gurney inspired portable sketch easel. 

Instead of buying another set of wood planks, I just reused what I already have.  Out with the old hinge and in with the new one!  Surprisingly, it folds flat with a gap of about 10mm space in between.  That gap would hold about 20 sheets of watercolor paper.





Here is a picture of the new hinge and a side-by-side comparison with the original hinge.




I like that the folding angle issue has now been resolved with this new hardware.  However, I see one issue with this hinge.  Since this is a constant torque hinge type, while able to hold position at any angle, it doesn't have much torque unlike the original adjustable hinge!  It makes me want to revisit the old hardware again and tinker further with it.  Stay tuned!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment