Sunday, April 22, 2018

Drink & Draw

Last week, I went to a live figure sketch meet-up on the 2nd Floor of the landmark Tarrytown Music Hall.  It was very well attended.  I was even surprised and glad to see Janet, another NYC Urban Sketcher, at this event.

While we waited for the official start at 7:30PM,  I noticed the four ladies seated just over to my right side, front row.  I figured I would practice on sketching them first before the actual model shows up front.  One of them has an iPad digital sketchbook resting on her lap.  I've never been comfortable using one although it is desirable since it would solve my problem of bringing so many things (watercolor tin pans, sketch book, pens, pencil, portable sketch easel and tripod, etc.) to cover my "what if I need" sketching scenario.


2 comments:

  1. Nice sketch. You would probably still bring other materials if you planned on using the iPad...what if the battery ran out...what if the iPad had problems. lol We all take everything with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, “We all take everything with us!” LOL. Thanks for visiting, Joan.

      Delete