Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The Met Cloisters

Sunday was just the perfect day to have a picnic at the Fort Tryon Park last weekend.  The park bench overlooking the Hudson River gave us a nice spot to enjoy our lunch (turkey sandwiches, a bottle of Rosé wine and the cantaloupes) and a nice view of the George Washington Bridge at a distance.

Last year, I sketched the Pontaut Chapter House Gallery but it's currently off limits to the public due to the upcoming Exhibit "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination" next month.


Anne hasn't visited here in years.  As she wandered around, I picked a convenient spot to sketch.  While many other visitors took a phone and/or camera pictures, I sketched the Cuxa Cloister (North Elevation of North Arcade).  Some curious passersby looked at what I was doing.  Some others asked a few questions.  I even got a cool thumbs-up from this one guest.  Nice!




2 comments:

  1. Love the sketch of the portico! Glad you had a nice time...lunch with wine too. I've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I think we (NYC USk) should organize a day outing there. Elisa Gore once hosted a summer sunset painting/sketching at the Fort Tryon Park. Viewing the Medieval collection at the Cloisters is like being in Europe without all the air travel hassle. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete