Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Waiting Area

This was the Health Center cafeteria scene yesterday morning while waiting for a friend. I sketched the two background figures first before adding the person facing right.

As I was ready to discreetly sketch a "grandpa" seated across from me, he stood up and decided to leave.  He put his coat on and then "grandpa" was gone!  Too bad, he would have been the perfect foreground subject.    

"Someone will hopefully choose that table again", I remind myself. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry to leave. 

Soon a couple picked the spot where "grandpa" was and I had enough time to include him on this sketch.  That completed the scene for me (foreground, middle, and background figures).

A touch of red watercolor and light brown pencil shading later added at home.



2 comments:

  1. Great background, mid ground, and foreground figure sketches! It is always so hard to decide who to sketch first (because you think they might leave first). Quite often someone comes along and replaces the one who got up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true of the on the spot sketch decisions we need to make. Every time. Thanks for looking, Joan.

      Delete