Friday, April 6, 2018

Eye Doctor Instrument: The Slit Lamp

Yesterday, I was at my eye doctor for a checkup.  I know I'd be waiting for some time so I started sketching this gentleman filling out the new patient forms.  I thought I'd start with the crossed legs then work my way up.  But not soon after, I was called in and was shown the way toward one of the exam rooms.  I took the eye chart test with prescription eye glasses on.  Good results.  20/20 vision!  

This young lady administered the first dose of eye drops to dilate my pupils and left.  She would be back minutes later for the second dose.  While waiting, I thought I'd sketch that eye instrument before me. 

"Would you mind waiting outside for a few minutes?" she asked.  I stepped out of the room, sat on a chair just outside by the hallway.  Another patient walked into the room where I exited.  

Here's the slit lamp instrument I sketched.  See the feet hanging from the bottom of the platform?




4 comments:

  1. Aren't the feet so you can move the machine easily? lol Good sketch...hard to do with your eyes dilated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work yaldoeyecenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Деревянные окна ОСП со стеклопакетом на даче. Деревянные стеклопакеты «Эконом» и входная дверь из сосны на даче. Оконные конструкции выполнены из двухслойного сращенного бруса сосны. В оконные блоки установлены однокамерные энергосберегающие стеклопакеты с низкоэмиссионным И-стеклом. Отделка «RENNER Aquaris», Италия, на водной основе. Цвет отделки - Каштан. Створки окон и входной двери выполнены на петлях «MACO» с декоративными накладками. На деревянной входной двери установлен замок с нажимным гарнитуром, цвет Бронза. Подробнее

    ReplyDelete