Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Portable Sketch Easel V3 (PSEV3)

Ever since I saw James Gurney's portable sketch easel, I wanted to make one.  I think I may have found it in version 3!  

Updated links here and here.

If you recall, the noticeable angle issue from the first version was resolved after the second version  arrived.   However, a new issue emerged from PSEV2 - my dissatisfaction with the hardware hinge's low torque value.  

It's time to make the PSEV3!

Yesterday, I bought the loose hardware materials from the local hardware store in Port Chester, NY.  This alternative to the pricey cedar grilling planks was sourced at a nearby Home Depot.  They even cut it for free!

Except for the three separate trips to the hardware store, it wasn't a problem putting together version 3.  Making the two previous versions taught me a lot.  The third time's a charm!


So what did I learn from this exercise?

1.  That I always enjoy the creative process in making things.

2.  That it requires a lot of time and resources to make a good one.

3.  That I know I can do it until the next idea comes along.

Thank you for looking and here's a video of the PSEV3!





1 comment: