Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sirracha Succulents

My favorite window table spot was already occupied when I came here for lunch in Rye Brook.  Not exactly crowded yet but I found an open spot in the back area to enjoy my food selection.

Practicing to be mindful at anything is difficult.  Here I want to do just one thing - eat my lunch - but I could only resist Facebooking for a while before giving in to the urge. Oh well, there was this other urge, too, to sketch while eating lunch.  The former prevailed until I finished chewing that last bite.

Phone aside, I took out my small Pentalic sketchbook and the Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA with De Atramentis Document Black Ink.  This cute succulent plant was a good subject to be drawn.  After getting all the lines drawn and a little hatching done, I took some pictures and noticed some color is needed.  How to do without a watercolor kit on me?  Well, this left over sirracha sauce would do just as well.  Here it is.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment