Friday, August 10, 2018

Fourth Week of July 2018: Monday

Monday, July 23

My flight to Madrid wasn't until 3:40pm so I had all morning to do several things:  finish the sketch I started six days ago and mail the notecards at the post office.  I even found time to sketch the altar of the Se Cathedral.  


With all last minute errands done, I walked back to check out of the AirBnB apartment.  There was only one more thing to do before heading to the airport: sketch that cute cottage with a fantastic view of the Ribeira. 
A fantastic view of the Ribeira from the bedroom of our AirBnB apartment rental.


Sketching the cottages on Calcada da Serra.



#114 is the second cottage from the left.
After sketching this scene, I left for the airport and saw that Eduardo Bajzek, one of the workshop instructors from Sao Paulo, Brazil was on the same flight as mine to Madrid.  I first met Eduardo one evening at the Ribeira.  We invited him to come and join our small NYC group and have dinner together.  That was how I got to know him.  The wait time at the airport seemed a lot shorter as we traded anecdotes and personal stories.  Soon they called the boarding process and Eduardo's group went on first.  My assigned seat was further back.  As I passed by him, we shook hands, and that was the last I saw of him that day.  

4 comments:

  1. Your cottage looks really cute! Nice that you met Eduardo at the airport and had someone to swap stories with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. It was a cute little gem and I really like that cottage. At the airport, it felt like I've learned a lot about Eduardo for the short time we exchanged stories. Now we're friends on IG. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mel! I see comments from "Mel" on Joan's blog sometimes, and I finally figured out that it's you! :-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tina! Yes, it's me. Very nice of you to leave me a note. Thank you! Great to see you in Porto and thanks for helping me find Alan.

      Delete