Saturday, August 25, 2018

Dog sketches

Sage chose to keep me company yesterday morning.  She comfortably settled by my desk and kept still for a while.  That gave me an opportunity to sketch her poses.  There were moments when she would stir and move to a new position yet there were some similar and favored poses over a certain period of time.  You just need to be patient and watch her.

Tikky 0.5mm technical pencil with HB lead.

And here are other sketches I made of her in the past.








2 comments:

  1. Nice to have your own model for sketches. Nice! The newest ones have a nice softness to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! She's a very obliging model especially after our walk. I soften the edges of the recent ones having recalled Eduardo Bajzek's technique I read somewhere.

      Delete