Sunday, August 26, 2018

Harvest Bar & Restaurant

While waiting to have lunch with a friend two days ago, I made a pencil sketch of this building where the Harvest Bar and Restaurant is located at the bottom of Greenwich Avenue.  A day later, I decided to put some watercolor on it.   The paper wasn't meant for even a light wash so it buckled at the slightest hint of water against the grain of the paper.  That's the grey shade you see radiating from the roof and side of the building.  Anyway, I already knew that that was going to happen but this was the only sketchbook I had on me that day and I want to color it.  The reason why I want to color it is to show how much ivy growth has taken over this building.  Overall, it was a good exercise in coloring and sketching.




2 comments:

  1. Nice job and I can understand why you wanted to add the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have a feel for adding color, it is always in the back of my mind to do that. Thanks for looking, Joan!

      Delete