Sunday, August 5, 2018

Third Week of July 2018: Part II

Tuesday, July 17 (A little later that evening)


We found interesting sights in this hilly neighborhood.  Took some photos of the azuleja tiles adorning the houses.  I originally wanted to include tile sketches in my book but never got around to it.

  


Casa Porto a Noite's "Menu do Dia" looked good and half the price of meals from the more touristy places.  The table paper liner was great for sketching as we waited for our food.  The lady who cleared the table next to us walked by so I showed her my sketch before asking for her name.  Rosario was delighted and said she would keep it for herself. 

Thank you, in Portuguese, is "Obrigada" if a lady says it, "Obrigado" if a male does.  

We settled our bill and left.  Outside, I made one last glance inside the restaurant.  Another staff cleared our table, looked at the liner before handing it over to Rosario.  It was a feel good moment.  Obrigado!

That was Rosario hiding behind the counter.


2 comments:

  1. I would find it hard to leave behind a sketch in Porto...even if it was done on a table liner. Nice sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. Always hard to let go, but feels great and liberating once you do. I'm still trying to remind myself of that all the time.

      Delete