Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Angelica Restaurant

Back in April last year, Anne and I spent a week in Malta.  The beautiful small island of Malta is steep in history and legend.  We stayed at an AirBnB rental inside the walled city of Valletta and made day trips to other points of interest.  One evening in Valletta we decided to try the "best rabbit in Malta" cuisine at Angelica restaurant.

While waiting for our order, I did some sketch of what was in front of me including the silhouettes of the three workers there.  Eventually, our rabbit dish came and we enjoyed every bit of it.  Before we left, I asked for their names so I could indicate it on the silhouettes: Jelena, Stojan, and Mahmoud.  Of course, I said it was ok for Jelena to take a picture of it.  Maybe for a Facebook post or something.  I don't know.  Stojan followed.  Then I heard another lady protest "That's unfair!  I'm not in the drawing."  It turned out Andrea also worked there.  I said "Why don't you go stand at the far left corner of the bar and I'll sketch you in."  Lucky, there was just enough space to insert her.  She later joined taking pics until we heard Mahmoud in the background saying "Ok guys, we have some work to do here."


2 comments:

  1. I love how everyone was so excited about the sketch. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. Everyone except Mahmoud. Lol

      Delete