Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A Deli & Barber Shop

There is a very interesting scene at the intersection of Russell and Aqueduct Streets in White Plains, NY - the Varvaro's delicatessen and the J & C barber shop next to it.  Every time I pass by this intersection, I'm always attracted to that small Deli between the two buildings.

Yesterday afternoon, I found an open street parking space diagonally across the deli that allowed me to see and sketch the whole scene.  The day temperature was high, very humid, a light breeze was blowing intermittently.  I persisted and sweated it out in my car until I got a sketch  Here's the result.



4 comments:

  1. You made it look better than real life! Love the striped awnings and bold lettering that makes the deli pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Joan. You're right! "Striped awnings and bold lettering". I think that that was what attracted me to sketch that scene.

      Delete
  2. Mel, you caught th scene and improved on it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzala. Your comment is very much appreciated.

      Delete