Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Ideas for sketching

There are some local spots I'd like to explore and make a note for a future sketch.  Yesterday afternoon, I pulled into a Cos Cob parking lot next to the marina by the Mianus River.  The not-so-distant turquoise colored railroad bridge was visibly busy with the southbound and northbound trains from Metro North and AMTRAK Acela trains running on schedule.  That long red line on the bridge was a northbound Metro North train that passed by as I was doing a thumbnail sketch of the scene.  Hopefully, I'll turn this thumbnail into a bigger sketch one day.




 

2 comments:

  1. I think you captured it all...even the train. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joan. I think I got the major elements I want to sketch on this one. I’ve never been a thumbnail practitioner but it does make sense in simplifying the idea. Guess where I picked it up from? Your blog about one of your Porto workshops regarding values.

    ReplyDelete